Monday, April 26, 2010

Lykke Li is highly addictive

I love it when an artist stays unique with their sound. Lykke Li is hands down one of the most creative lyricist today. The Swedish artist’s whispery voice and lovelorn lyrics make each of her songs unforgettable.

I’ve tried so many ways to avoid her when she first came out. I remember seeing her videos on MTVU in the cafeteria. However, I gave her a try when my two persistent friends kept singing her songs out loud and posting her other songs all over MySpace. And I must say that I’m pissed that I actually avoided her. Her music is a mix of soul and electro and her voice makes it better. She has the ability to make you feel the actual raw emotion in any every single lyric.

Her music videos don’t suck either, which is rare for me to say because usually videos ruin the song for me. Her album “Youth Novels” is apparently a book of her life, which sounded like it was filled of break ups and makes ups…cliché I know but I had to do it.

Her latest single “Possibility” is a daringly haunting song. There’s actually a point in the song where the heave of a rocking chair can be heard. She even did a cover of the song “Knocked up” which is by Kings of Leon and that makes her awesome in my eyes.

Songs to download: “Little Bit” & “I’m good, I’m gone”


1 comment: