Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally

Blink 182 have been "working" on their new album since the day they announced the bands reunion.It feels as though that was five years ago. But, in a recent interview Tom DeLonge spoke about the album. Here's a bit that Tim Karan from Altpress.com wrote:

In a recent interview, Blink-182 vocalist/guitarist Tom DeLonge revealed that the band will resume recording their first full-length since 2003's Blink-182 in June.

DeLonge also spoke about his former addiction to Vicodin and how he feels about Blink's hiatus which started in 2005. "My biggest failure was the breakup of Blink," DeLonge said. "That was a failure of friendships, businesses and communications. In our hearts, we thought that was forever and gone. What's funny is, at the time, I looked at it as a triumph. The fact that I was able to make a decision so detrimental to myself and identity and start fresh was pretty victorious."

He also said it was Travis Barker's 2008 plane crash that caused the band to announce their reunion in early 2009. "If that accident hadn't happened, we wouldn't be a band," DeLonge said. "Plain and simple. That was fate."


In my own words, I can't wait till June. Until then, I guess this will be my Blink 182 fix.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Travis was working on a bunch of solo crap.

    ReplyDelete