Thursday, May 13, 2010

10 summer movies that should whoop some ass...

1. Iron Man 2
This movie should dominate at the box office considering the first one did so well. Robert Downing Jr. has been able to revitalize his career with this movie franchise and all the comic book nerds unite for the cause. So, far the movie has the fifth highest opening weekend.




2.Twilight: Eclipse
One word: Girls. Yes considering I am a girl (woman), every 16 year old is going to flock this to movie. Not only will they flock to it, but so will almost every other women in the world. Don't underestimate the power of the two X chromosomes. If the first two movies were any indication of what the last two films will be like, the attendance records will continue to rise.




3.The A-Team
Being the 80's nerd I am, I have high high hopes for this movie. I sporadically watched the series when I was younger. I figured it left an impact when I was the kid who used to shout, "I petty the fool" a lot. The movie brings together Liam Neeson as the the team leader and Bradley Cooper is just there for proper eye candy.




4.Inception
This movie will be successful for one reason: It will blow your mind, metaphorically speaking of course. The trailer looks amazing as Leonardo DiCaprio depicts the role of the skilled thief in the Chris Nolan film.



5.Shrek Forever After
I don't want to go into a deep analytic explanation for this movie. All I'm going to say is that kids are what make parents spend money. And I do believe there are a butt-load of kids in the world. The last Shrek I watched and somewhat enjoyed was the first one.



6.Toy Story 3
Once again kids. So I have a feeling I'm going to be dragged to this movie by my brother and sister. But it kills me that they took so long to make the third installment for this massive movie franchise.

Sidenote: The trailer for this movie was unable to be embedded.

7.Robin Hood
I don't really care much about this movie, there are just some things that shouldn't be redone and this happens to be one of them. I think Russell Crowe is amazing, but still eh.



8.MacGruber
I don't know a lot of people who would find this movie amusing, but they can eat rocks. Will Forte brings his SNL character to the bring screen along with Ryan Phillippe. Even Val Kilmer's, more developed body helps brings the laughter. If you seriously don't go watch this movie, you're first in line to die during a "Dawn of the Dead" zombie attack.




9.Despicable Me
I have to say that this movie actually looks pretty good. I have to admit I laughed during some scenes in the trailer. Steve Carell is always able to deliver. And once again, kids get anything they want.



10.Sex and the City 2
I hate this series, I really do. I don't find Sarah Jessica Parker attractive, she reminds me of the Roger from American Dad. My mom tried forcing me to watch the first movie and I hid from her for hours to avoid the travesty. But, women on menopause have another mind frame.




Honorable mentions:
The Last Airbender
Prince of Persia
The Other Guys
Scott Pilgrim vs The World

1 comment:

  1. I agree with half of your list. I don't think Robin Hood is going to do that great, MacGruber might beat it out. The Prince of Persia will be successful because of the kiddies too.

    ReplyDelete