Friday, November 11, 2011

Catching up on my first love


Between graduating from college and moving to Baltimore, I've had little time to fully immerse myself in the sweet sounds of new music. But, since I needed to find something to do during my breaks at work, I dived  into my iTunes account with no looking back. The outcome was pretty awesome. 

I download Florence + the Machine's new album which has been played on a continuous loop all week. The lead single off the band's second studio album, Ceremonials, "What the Water gave me" didn't exactly blow me away, but it kept me interested. However, that interest turned into lust when I heard the second single, "Shake it out." Yes, it's that good. With Florence Welch's whimsical voice accompanying every track, the album is an instant favorite and most likely a top 5 contender in the Top 10 albums of 2011 list. 

Songs to download: "Only if for a night" & "Bedroom Hymns" 

"Shake it out" Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment