Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yeah, you know what...

On, Dec.18th, I had a two second panic attack when someone told me Paramore broke up. After getting confirmation that only two members left and that the band will continue as a trio, I swiftly announced to kick the person who shared the news with me in the shins.

Like every other Paramore fan, I was bummed about the news and I was able to deal with the fact that Josh and Zac were just unhappy and wanted to be with their families. However, some people like to express their feelings. Hence the blog making all the commotion today online. Josh detailed more than necessarily needed to fans about how he felt the band was all about Hayley and continued to rant about how he "felt" the band was a ploy to make Hayley famous. But, I have a few things to say about this, so I'm going to put my Journalistic skills to good use here.

First of all, a lot of fans were content with the blog posted on Paramore.net about the departure of the Farro's. So the uncivil blog was not needed to further hinge the success of the band because it has now caused a fiasco amongst fans taking sides. I know we're just fans, we can't understand the functions of what makes a band amazing. But, we do understand how their lyrics can make us feel like the world and that for once we matter.

I've been a Paramore fan since December 2005, after seeing them on MTV's You hear it first. Since then, their music has continued to make a difference in my life by always being those lyrics and songs that I listen to when the time is needed. Whatever emotion was present eventually dwindled away all thanks to their music.

Everyone knows that for a band to make an impact, there has to be a special element, Paramore is known for their live shows and their togetherness. I've witnessed them twice in concert, last summer when they opened for No Doubt and this summer on the opening night of the Honda Civic Tour.



What I'm trying to say is that none of the fans will be able to fully grasp the reality of what's going on. However, to me as long as I can look forward to more music from Paramore so, that I can share it with people and hopefully maybe in the future with my kids and my grandkids, than I'm fine. Hayley Williams, is an amazing vocalist and always will be. She's a strong staple in a lot of young girls lives and she's developed a fearless personality that I wish I had. Jeremy and Taylor are also two amazing musicians who help balance out the dynamic of the band and I cant' wait to see what the trio has in store with their fourth studio album.

So my message to Hayley, Jeremy, and Taylor is Rock On...you guys are too awesome not to! And Hayley you are the bees knees. 


As far as Josh and his sensational blog...grow up and stop being dramatic. And I hope for the best for you and Zac.

No comments:

Post a Comment