Friday, March 26, 2010

5 must-see summer concerts

With summertime inching closer, summer music concerts are being announced. Concerts have become a definite high of mine and I plan on doing it as much as possible. With the disadvantage of not living next to huge venue, a lot of artist by pass North Carolina. However, there are four concerts coming to the area that I would most likely sell things in my house just to pay for the tickets.

         1. Angels & Airwaves w/ Say Anything
             May 12th 2010 The Fillmore Charlotte, NC
It’s very rare when I end up liking the full lineup for a concert, this is one of them. I’m a new fan to AVA because of being a die-hard Blink 182 fan I was skeptical to see what Tom can do without Travis and Mark by his side. But, I heard that Tom brings more energy to the stage with this band. The major plus for this concert is Say Anything. Max Bemis is probably the only person who can make his bipolar ridden lyrics make sense. And for that I love this band.

          2. Kings of Leon
             September 13th 2010 Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion Raleigh, NC
Disclaimer: I loved KOL’s before “Use Somebody”…so palm to face to those who made me almost hate them.
With that out the way, I’ve been dying to see KOL live since I heard “Charmer” a year or two ago. I’m secretly excited to see them live especially since their latest album is one of my top faves. Hopefully I won’t see any drunken bimbo’s dancing around with medical boots or crutches. I have no idea if there’s an opening act for the concert. However, that doesn’t really faze me because the tickets are a good price that I better get an ear popping amazing show.

          3. Paramore w/ Tegan & Sara
              July 23rd 2010 Raleigh Boutique Amphitheatre Raleigh, NC
If anyone knows me, they know I’m a huge Paramore fan. I’ve been listening to them since they entered the scene in 2006 with their debut album All We Know Is Falling. I saw them last summer with No Doubt and The Sounds, but I wasn’t in love with their performance. I think the second time around I’ll love it because Brave New Eyes was an incredible album. Hayley Williams’ stage presence is insanely good. Tegan & Sara are in slightly decent added bonus, although they randomly freak me out with their weirdness.

            4. Arctic Monkeys
                April 6th 2010 Cat’s Cradle Carrboro, NC
I’ve been in lust with this band since I heard “I bet you look good on the dance floor” a few years ago. I psyched to see if they can live up to the hype that others have created about them. Alex Turner has a nerdy (not River Cuomo nerdy) thing going for him. I was shocked to see that they were performing in North Carolina. I still haven’t given their latest album Humbug a fair listen and I really don’t plan on it. None of their album can surpass Whatever People Say I am, That’s What I’m not.

1 comment:

  1. Arctic Monkeys are wannabe Beatles, they're not worth my money. I wouldn't mind seeing Kings Of Leon though.

    ReplyDelete